Satirical Repository

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
I come across the odd satirical piece during the course of my day and instead of creating a thread for each, I thought I'd create a little repository. Let's kick it off with a little something from The Shovel...

Last edited:

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I come across the odd satirical piece during the course of my day and instead of creating a thread for each, I thought I'd create a little repository. Let's kick it off with a little something from The Shovel...
What kind of idiot would enable profanity filters on urls? That is severly broken!

However, it is also reachable here (with one more click).

cecilia

Reaction score
so this is where all the Onion type links go? :)

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
What kind of idiot would enable profanity filters on urls? That is severly broken!

However, it is also reachable here (with one more click).

Apologies, I didn't even test if the link worked, I should learn to never assume anything, I'll update the original link...

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Apologies, I didn't even test if the link worked, I should learn to never assume anything, I'll update the original link...
Nah. It's not your fault. It's some software developer (or their manager's) brain fart. Why would one ever think it's a good idea to edit urls? They don't work when change them. This is a bug in the forum software.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Not being a fan of the Onion or so-called "satire", most of which I don't find funny, at least there's one thread here I won't feel compelled to participate in...

Ummm.. wait... damn... :oops:

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Not being a fan of the Onion or so-called "satire", most of which I don't find funny, at least there's one thread here I won't feel compelled to participate in...

Ummm.. wait... damn... :oops:
Not so much satire, more like irony.

Reactions: adz

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
Aaaand another from The Shovel...

I'll try to avoid posting too much Aussie centric stuff...

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I know this is a satire post - but this whole thing really bothers me. I doubt that Bernie sent those guys but they were definitely there to provoke and it worked well enough to make news but the protesters, if you look around at the footage, aren't all nice guys. If this anti-Trump crowd had gathered to protest anything else, they would have been shut down. Rahm Emanuel is still the mayor of Chicago, right? This smells bad. It tars both Trump and Sanders, the two surprisingly strong outsiders. Trump and Sanders need to get on the phone and get this sorted out and figure out how to defend against this.

cecilia

Reaction score
I know this is a satire post - but this whole thing really bothers me. I doubt that Bernie sent those guys but they were definitely there to provoke and it worked well enough to make news but the protesters, if you look around at the footage, aren't all nice guys. If this anti-Trump crowd had gathered to protest anything else, they would have been shut down. Rahm Emanuel is still the mayor of Chicago, right? This smells bad. It tars both Trump and Sanders, the two surprisingly strong outsiders. Trump and Sanders need to get on the phone and get this sorted out and figure out how to defend against this.
Bernie had nothing to do with what happened in Chicago - see this for a fuller explanation - http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/how-bern...wn-donald-trump-rally-chicago?cid=sm_fb_msnbc

What Bernie does is Inspire people to realize that the POWER is in their hands. We see a bigot and racist and we HAVE to speak out against that ideology. It's really that simple. Bernie has made it quite clear he is against violence. You never see violence at any of the HUGE crowds that come to see him.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Bernie had nothing to do with what happened in Chicago -
And neither did Trump. He didn't invite all those protesters.
We see a bigot and racist and we HAVE to speak out against that ideology.
Which is quite different from crashing their rally. That's provoking a confrontation.
You never see violence at any of the HUGE crowds that come to see him.
But I bet you would if you had a huge bunch of right wing provocateurs crash the rally.
I'm pretty sure this was an engineered media event to tar two birds with one brush. And it happened on Rahm Emanuel's turf.
You want to pick a fight, you do it at the polls. This gang infiltrates other gang's rally narrative isn't going to make Trump supporters say "I guess those guys who wrecked our rally and got Donald to cancel after we had been waiting for this big event for just about ever were right about intolerance". That is not going to happen, but it will make the anti-Donald protesters look like intolerant hot-heads (and that will be used to smear Bernie) and it will make Trump supporters who react to the provocation look like intolerant hot heads (and will be used to smear Trump) to the general (uninvolved) population - and that will be used to turn the general population against the politically active population that are backing the horses the establishment don't want. That is why Bernie and Trump need to get together on this and not only speak to their crowds about what needs to not happen, but make sure that they get media coverage too. Both sides have to be quite clear that dirty tricks like what happened in Chicago are not OK.

cecilia

Reaction score

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
drumpf is NOT innocent in any of this.
I think you are looking at this ideologically. Since you hate Trump is is morally OK in your eyes for other people to screw with his rallies and provoke his followers.
If someone did that to a Bernie rally and people reacted you would blame the interlopers - because without the interlopers it would not have happened.

Oh dear. Sounds like they are falling for it. Hillary is going to love watching these two eat each other.

cecilia

Reaction score
I think you are looking at this ideologically. Since you hate Trump is is morally OK in your eyes for other people to screw with his rallies and provoke his followers.
If someone did that to a Bernie rally and people reacted you would blame the interlopers - because without the interlopers it would not have happened.
I don't "hate" drumpf. I hate his moronic speech. He's just an idiot.

here's the point you are missing: drumpf actually ENCOURAGES people to be violent. He has said HE would hit this or that person, he has said his followers should hit others, he has said he would pay the lawyers for a guy at one of his meetings that was arrested for ASSAULT (and he won't pay, he's just all talk)

Bernie has NEVER encouraged people to be violent. He has NEVER said people should attack others, he has never said he wants people coming to his speeches to be violent against ANYONE else for ANY reason. And he condemns ALL such attacks, no matter who it is. Bernie attracts thousands of people and has done so for months. at no time have you ever seen violence at his gatherings. You see excitement, but it's quite peaceful.

I do think everyone who finds drumpf's message to be UN-American should say so, and loudly. But I don't encourage violence. That's ALL on drumpf. violence is HIS message.