Our 'The Leader' is insensitive to special needs people

redrumloa said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_special_olympics

Appearing on "The Tonight Show" Thursday, the president told host Jay Leno he'd been practicing at the White House's bowling alley but wasn't happy with his score of 129. Then he remarked: "It was like the Special Olympics or something."
Jim, our local troll shows his PCU (Politically Correct Union) card at the door. :)

Wayne

Wayne said:
Jim, our local troll shows his PCU (Politically Correct Union) card at the door. :)

Wayne

Nope, I am just an equal opportunity basher. If this was Bush, it would be all over every channel and people would be calling for his resignation.

Still... It is indeed poor taste, regardless who says it.

Thanks for openly admitting to a double standard.

redrumloa said:
Still... It is indeed poor taste, regardless who says it.
No doubt, but it's in poor taste by 2009 Politically correct standards, not human being standards... This is supported by the fact that no one would have blinked had he said it in the 1960's or early 70's.

Wayne

Glaucus said:

Double standard? How do you come to that conclusion? Equal opportunity <> double standard.

redrumloa said:
Glaucus said:

Double standard? How do you come to that conclusion? Equal opportunity <> double standard.
This is the type of political correctness crap you'd be railing against normally. In fact you love to attack PU stuff in general. But since it's Obama who's taking the slack you're jumping on the bandwaggon with this one. Sounds like a double standard to me.

redrumloa said:
Appearing on "The Tonight Show" Thursday, the president told host Jay Leno he'd been practicing at the White House's bowling alley but wasn't happy with his score of 129. Then he remarked: "It was like the Special Olympics or something."
Wow what a dumb move. Something he shouldn't have said. It is a good thing he called and apologizd to the head of the Special Olympics. He should, IMO, follow it up with a large personal donation.

** Side note I guess the Obama budget already carries larger monies for special needs then the prior compassionate conservative did. I'd like to see Obama reinstate the Bush cuts to special education.

Obama's Teleprompter responds:
"You know, I'm not responsible for those people's extra chromosomes. This administration inherited those Mongoloid-Americans from the Bush Administration whose Iraq war caused the current Autism crisis."

metalman said:
"You know, I'm not responsible for those people's extra chromosomes. This administration inherited those Mongoloid-Americans from the Bush Administration whose Iraq war caused the current Autism crisis."
I'm against waterboarding... But, perhaps Metalman has encouraged me to make an exception....

metalman said:
Shut up.

You haven't got the slightest clue what autism actually is (nor what the down syndrome is), so, shut the f up.

redrumloa said:
If this was Bush, it would be all over every channel and people would be calling for his resignation.
:?: This week I heard the comment talked about on every radio station I listened to -- Public Radio, Air America, Fox Radio, and several channels that are devoted to only music. They later ones have to make time to play the news and it was on there. The call ins on Public Radio, Air America, and Fox Radio all had various people calling for resignation.

Did you miss tuning in?

as this POlitical Correct bullshit is something I dispise to the very core of my being I HAVE to comment

it's obvious to any intelligent person that Obama was making fun of HIMSELF - it's not about anyone else. and only the PC cocksuckers who selfishly think the world revolves around them would thing it's about Anything else.

some people are so stupid they actually think a guy has to talk seriously on a show that is Supposed to be about comedy

whatever. :roll:

someday I'll shoot the PC crowd in the face like cheney did to his "friend" and force them to appologize to ME for getting in the way of my bullets

Back