Opinions on ECA stacking?

metalman said:
redrumloa said:
Anyone else done it? Have opinions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

I take a pseudoephedrine, a loratadine antihistamine, an asprin, and drink a cup of coffee each morning. Never knew there was an effect from combining ECA.

studies have shown pseudoephedrine to have a thermogenic effect; approximately three times less than L-ephedrine

Yep, sounds like you were taking a weaker version of an ECA stack and you didn't even know it!

There are strong effects with a proper ECA stack (1:10:10 or 1:10:15 ratio), using L-ephedrine. It is an appetite suppressant and causes a thermogenic effect, raising body temperature and increasing your metabolism. As far as I can tell it is the only true suppliment to a diet that actually works.

Is that how Rush Limbaugh does it?

/me runs and hides :)

Glaucus said:

i thought he took/takes OXY cotton

:mrgreen:

Glaucus said:

I know you are joking, but just in case you missed it... We are talking entirely about over the counter supplements.
(E)phedrine
(C)affeine
(A)sprin

heh, I know what it is Red, and you're right I was just joking. This stack is often used by body builders and people trying to lose weight, and some of these people often find themselves abusing this stack and progressing to more serious stuff. I've used it briefly myself back in the day when I actually used my gym pass (as opposed to just paying for it as I do now :) - although I did go today). The only reason I made the Limbaugh comment is that I thought it was kinda funny or maybe ironic that the resident forum conservative is asking about a drug cocktail that is easily abused and can lead to more serious stuff. Aside from that I have no real issues with it.

Oh, and as for my opinion, I think I had some positive results while I was working out. It gave me energy and I seemed to work out harder. In fact, I was probably never in better shape. However, I stopped taking it when I was diagnosed with a coarctation of the aorta and shortly afterwards I felt sudden chest pains. Of course, it was most likely just heart burn caused by stomach gas most likely caused by the ECA AND the fact that I suddenly became ultra conscience of any possible heart issues or chest pains - things you don't normally think about in your twenties. Anyway, I stopped taking it, although maybe I should try it again. I need to lose about 20 lbs for the summer. :)

redrumloa said:
metalman said:
redrumloa said:
Anyone else done it? Have opinions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

I take a pseudoephedrine, a loratadine antihistamine, an asprin, and drink a cup of coffee each morning. Never knew there was an effect from combining ECA.

studies have shown pseudoephedrine to have a thermogenic effect; approximately three times less than L-ephedrine

Yep, sounds like you were taking a weaker version of an ECA stack and you didn't even know it!

There are strong effects with a proper ECA stack (1:10:10 or 1:10:15 ratio), using L-ephedrine. It is an appetite suppressant and causes a thermogenic effect, raising body temperature and increasing your metabolism. As far as I can tell it is the only true suppliment to a diet that actually works.

Aspirin is very, very hard on your stomach, take only coated (buffered) aspirin and with food.

I noticed the stimulant effect but didn't know it was from the combination.
I notice a larger stimulant effect when a decongestant nasal sprays is also applied. (Oxymetazoline hydrochloride).

Can you substitute ibuprofen for aspirin? Same drug family, but easier on the tummy.

Glaucus said:
Can you substitute ibuprofen for aspirin? Same drug family, but easier on the tummy.

Don't think so. I once read a very long scientific article about ECA stacks, which I can't find a link for now, but aspirin is used for the anti-coagulate effects that afaik ibuprofen does not have. Many people don't use the stated 325mg aspirin in the stack, they use 81mg "low dose" aspirin. It is debatable whether aspirin is even needed in the stack, some people only do EC. If your stomach is simply too sensitive, you could probably do without A. E & C are the primary ingredients.

Back