One of my heroes, Leonard Nimoy, has died

cecilia

Reaction score

As a child growing up with one culture at home and another culture outside I felt like a Stranger in a Strange land.

When I saw Mr Spock being treated with respect because of his intellect - despite being an alien - it gave me hope that I also could succeed in life.

I don't care about "famous" people. I pay no attention to all that hoopla over the kardashians (and not just because they are morons). However, Mr Nimoy was a really decent human being who also positively affected my childhood.

I'm devastated..........

Saw the 'He Did' billboard this morning on the way to work. I'll admit it brought a tear to my eye and gave me pause.

There was some (I think direct to DVD) movie where the Shat and Nimoy visited each other's homes and talked about their careers. (Though I think they skipped TJ Hooker and it was prior to Fringe.) Out of that viewing if I had to pick only 1 of them to have for dinner I'd have picked Nimoy.

Saw the 'He Did' billboard this morning on the way to work. I'll admit it brought a tear to my eye and gave me pause.

.............................. Out of that viewing if I had to pick only 1 of them to have for dinner I'd have picked Nimoy.
I'm glad to find out that the billboard is real!
it's amazing, isn't it!

and it just Showed Up....saying what we all feel.

I saw this page - people all over the world feel the same.

and I agree....Nimoy would be a great dinner guest. by ALL accounts he was considered a wonderful human being...something I've known for decades.

Last year his son made this interesting documentary where he and his father go around Boston, talking about Nimoy's early years growing up there.

Like me, he came from a family that had come from another culture to America...they worked hard, believed in education and believed in achievement. And like him, I had to figure out how to make my way in this country. It's what I instantly recognized in him as the character of Mr. Spock.
Seeing how successful Mr. Spock was at being a useful and important part of a diverse group inspired me to do the same in My life and My career.

I know Sherlock Holmes predates the character of Mr. Spock, but in MY life it was Mr. Spock who first made being SMART a cool thing

I'm not used with the term "heroes", perhaps it's a (American) cultural thing
Someone asked me who my "heroes" are (she was American), but I won't use that term as I don't know how to interpret it correctly. But if we're talking about people gave me inspiration, I'd have to say Nimoy should be mentioned. (or, well, the Vulcan character he played, obviously)
Despite my family living in these parts of the world for centuries, the values Cecilia speaks about have always been core values (that and loving caring and forgiving).

I'm not used with the term "heroes", perhaps it's a (American) cultural thing
Despite my family living in these parts of the world for centuries, the values Cecilia speaks about have always been core values (that and loving caring and forgiving).
I don't use the term "hero" easily or frequently.

My mother is my hero but for the same reasons as Mr. Nimoy - they showed me how to implement important life values.

Some creative people just transcend the medium (in this case acting, directing, photography, etc) because they are amazing people. Ask anyone who knew Mr. Nimoy personally and they will tell you he was a gentleman. That comes through in everything he did.

http://badassdigest.com/2015/02/27/leonard-nimoy-lived-long-and-prospered/

Last edited:
Back