music interlude

so much of it borderlines on industrial... i guess id have a hard time defining it otherwise... minimalism sounds too pretentious (of course, so does that entire statement ;)) and i have pretty eclectic tastes... i really do listen to anything... if i had a preference tho... i friggin love acoustic stuff... cornell wrenching out black hole sun does more for me than prolly anything....

and he went on to do some original stuff that was considered electro /techno...

secretly ... er not anymore... i love it all... just glad people can find an outlet for their creativity, anger, frustration, love.. etc... that others can relate to...

or this... if it dont leave you with hauntings of Leonard cohen i dont know what would... ghostly voices from beyond somewhere deep inside...:cool:

when i think of minimalist.. i think of guys like him... james taylor... foghat.... zz top...hell even boston and floyd... when you see a concert from them you feel like they just walked into your house rocked the crap out of you and then left... minimalist ...where the songs you buy on the album sound like the stuff they perform in person... i have a hard time applying that standard to any techno or industrial music even while appreciating the movements... one geared toward the drudgery of the grind and the other thedrudgery of repetitive pleasure.. seems jeremy benthams principals of the absence of pleasure or the presence of pain plays out in the music world as well.

when i think of minimalist.. i think of guys like him... james taylor... foghat.... zz top...hell even boston and floyd... when you see a concert from them you feel like they just walked into your house rocked the crap out of you and then left... minimalist ...where the songs you buy on the album sound like the stuff they perform in person... i have a hard time applying that standard to any techno or industrial music even while appreciating the movements... one geared toward the drudgery of the grind and the other thedrudgery of repetitive pleasure.. seems jeremy benthams principals of the absence of pleasure or the presence of pain plays out in the music world as well.
Hm, that's one way to approach minimalism. Mind you, that kind of minimalism I like very much too. Minimalism as I know it is more about composition of sound rather than expression of emotions. Like you said you're not always in the mood for dark music, I'm not always in the mood for emotional music, yet I yearn for, eh, sound sculptures. Like a musical travel to unknown places.

Reminds me of a bunch of MOD tunes I used to listen to with the ol' Amiga plugged into the stereo - back in the day when people thought computers only went *beep* and they wouldn't believe that's where the music was coming from 'til you unplugged it.

Back