Murdoch's news-tainment machine is soulless & evil

Karlos

Supper Moderator
Reaction score
"I think he has too much power over British public life," Miliband told the Observer newspaper, citing his ownership of the The Sun, Times and The Sunday Times newspapers as well as a 39 percent share in pay-TV giant BSkyB.

I have to agree, but when it comes from the mouth of a politician you have to wonder if it's not just envy talking :lol:

cecilia

Reaction score

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
I never visit any of that pricks sites for "news" only to laugh and to leave inflamatory comments, throw the book at them I say...

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
And now one of the early News Of The World whistle blowers has been found dead. It's not being treated as suspicious though the timing is sure to fuel rumours even if it all turns out to be coincidence.
It still counts as a bit of a lucky break for Murdoch in the sense that there's one less person to show up in court if things come to that - and probably a few more who might be wondering if it's worth it.

Meanwhile another senior person resigns, this time across the Atlantic in the US where Les Hinton has left Dow Jones, publisher of the Wall Street Journal so another bit of Murdoch influence teeters.

Meanwhile Murdoch's Fox News continues to use made up news (i.e. lies) to keep pushing Sarah Palin and her new movie. The opening was ... well, the Joan Rivers documentary did better ... but Fox is insisting that the theatres were packed for Palin (but not by people who actually paid for tickets, obviously, by the sales numbers.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Roger Ailes of Fox has a political/media history going back to Nixon.

Marcb

New User
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Murdoch's grilling telecast to start...

I work for one of the News Ltd. companies in Oz and I've got to say that whilst I know people would find it hard to believe, in Oz at least - they go to great lengths to ensure we all act on the right side of the law...
At an individual level though, there are the usual psychopaths in positions of power but they sadly exist in every company...

redrumloa

Reaction score
I wish you were still selling 8bit stuff... I needs some gear for my plus/4 :)

No new stuff but actually at the moment I am selling some old stuff on my wife's eBay account. I have more to work through and list in the coming days and weeks. This current load has a lot of b-grade items but some nicer stuff should be listed soon. I am also in talks with a company about buying out a huge inventory of stuff with many NOS items. I supposedly gave up my hobby and gave up selling, but I need the money and opportunities keep arising...:eek:

Marcb

New User
Reaction score
:) Think I found that SID I didn't know I needed !

Robert

Reaction score
Roger Ailes of Fox has a political/media history going back to Nixon.

Interesting, although I doubt there are too many people left who don't know that Fox is a GOP mouthpiece.

Dammy

Reaction score
Interesting, although I doubt there are too many people left who don't know that Fox is a GOP mouthpiece.

That would be true if Fox would dump the liberals working at Fox. BTW, Hannity and O'Riley (sp?) are not members of the GOP but are registered Conservatives in the state of NY.

Robert

Reaction score
That would be true if Fox would dump the liberals working at Fox.

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
That would be true if Fox would dump the liberals working at Fox. BTW, Hannity and O'Riley (sp?) are not members of the GOP but are registered Conservatives in the state of NY.

Of course they are Conservative. They make tens of millions of dollars a year in salary - just like the average Joe. That's why they can relate to your pain so well.

However, if Fox ever did dump its token "liberals" (you know, the dumb funny looking guys they hire to be foils to their heroic "conservative" guys) then they would have even more difficulty looking "fair and balanced" so those liberals are there for the same sort of reasons that gay men go to parties with hot women. On Fox, the "liberals" are the "beard".