medical marijuana dispensaries

cecilia

Reaction score
I'm very happy to announce that New York now has medical marijuana dispensaries.
One just opened near me. I'm not giving the exact location because I don't want crazy people knowing where I live.

You have to go to an authorized doctor to get a prescription. And you get medicinal cannabis in liquid form or a pill.

I see this as excellent good news. A start toward treating people with drug needs as patients rather than criminals.

Colorado is doing really well with their policy.

:banana: worth a Happy Dance

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
What's going to be interesting, I believe, is when people start submitting Obamacare insurance claims for Marijuana prescriptions... :)

cecilia

Reaction score
according to this: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/05/a-look-inside-manhattans-first-medical-marijuana-dispensary.html
health insurance does not cover medical marijuana so patients will have to pay out of pocket. Columbia Care will run a separate program for low-income patients.
I'm guessing they will see how the program goes before they decide about insurance.

"We will be providing products and services to a chronically ill patient that hasn't had a great deal of success relying on the standard of care," Vita said. "Part of our mandate is to provide the highest-quality products, services and information so patients can make the right decisions with their physicians,"

good news for people in pain. One of my mother's friends had a husband who had cancer. He was unable to eat easily. If he had been able to get this treatment he might have been able to at least feel comfortable during the last years of his life.

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
What's going to be interesting, I believe, is when people start submitting Obamacare insurance claims for Marijuana prescriptions... :)
Why would that be? Morphine is a way way way much heavier drug though I guess it'd be covered by most insurance companies?