Massive, Massive WANT....

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just have to share this. As a guy who's just embraced the Dual 27" monitors at home (1440p) and work (1080p) I'm absolutely in geek lust with it, and if anyone wants to pitch in, I'm your guy....

Did I mention my birthday's next week (hahaha)

dell-p4317q-monitor-overview-1.jpg

Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi-Client Monitor | P4317Q ($1350)

spacer.gif

Four monitors. One Display.

Increase productivity for specialized users in a single array offering crisp text, graphs and colors with the 43" Dell Multi-Client Monitor | P4317Q.
  • 4K large screen experience: The 43" display with high-performance monitor scalar offers exceptional clarity up to Ultra HD 4K.
  • Multi-client capabilities: Connect up to four independent clients to a single monitor with customized views, all without bezel breaks, so you can take total command of your tasks.
  • Simplify multi-monitor setups: Fewer cables, single mount setup and RS232 connection offer easy manageability.

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Hm, IPS, kind of OK.
I prefer my Eizo Foris FG2421 VA panel. Much more vibrant contrast, much smoother movement. I'll only replace it with something like a Dell UP3017Q (hmmm 4k 120hz OLED)

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it's the whole "4 frameless 1080HD displays" thing that gets me. I'm imagining

Web Site || Designer
------------------------------
Game || Movie/TV

All on the same screen.

That being said, I did misread it a little bit. It doesn't split the display into 4 separate displays, it requires four separate inputs, meaning either 2-4 machines, OR... One machine with two video cards and a total of four outputs... I only have three outputs on the Hackintosh, and while I could add a second 970 video card, we're up in the $1700 range. For that kind of money, I could replace my fridge or washer/dryer combo which I'd get a LOT more use out of.. :)

Wayne

Wayne

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Well, I can see the use of that at my job, I feel more often the need for space, other than that, meh I am not a serious computer user :D

Argo

Medieval Warrior Geek
Reaction score
buy me three.
I've done this with four windows. Not on a 4k display. Though being able to do this on any monitor with four borderless windows would be very nice.