Lockerbie 'bomber' to be transferred to Libya?

Robert

Reaction score
The powers that be are determined he'll die before he can clear his name.

Robert

Reaction score
FluffyMcDeath said:
Robert said:
The powers that be are determined he'll die before he can clear his name.
and stop him from smearing other names.

Indeed. It's a disgusting charade to watch play out.

Robert

Reaction score
Megrahi appeal documents to remain secret

Hundreds of pages of information pinpointing why the man convicted of the Lockerbie bombing should be granted a fresh appeal will remain a secret.

The Crown Office, the Foreign Office and police have all failed to give their consent to an official request to disclose the material, as has Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al Megrahi.

The revelation that the official Lockerbie papers may never be published is likely to prove embarrassing for those who have not allowed disclosure and the ministers who suggested the papers would be published.

It will also fuel the frustration of the families of the 270 victims who have waited more than 21 years for answers.

Robert

Reaction score
The recent "wikileaks" have shone a teency bit more light on this and seem to show the Scottish government as slightly more honest than either the UK or US, both of whom pretended to be outraged.

I said it was faux outrage at the time and this appears to back it up:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11944645

US cables say Westminster fully supported Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi's release by the Scottish authorities.

Libya had offered "a parade of treats" to the Scottish administration if it agreed to let Megrahi go, though the cable confirmed they were turned down.

Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that the cables "vindicated" their position and everything they had said publicly and privately at the time.

The British ambassador in Tripoli, Vincent Fean, "expressed relief" when Megrahi was released, the US cables reported.

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
i tried to read this thread from the beginning since i missed it... lol... each post is done five times...:confused:

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
i tried to read this thread from the beginning since i missed it... lol... each post is done five times...:confused:

I think I've seen this sort of thing before. Perhaps the site has been through a couple of database restores from backup, perhaps on upgrades. I've seen it before on older threads ... and this is a pretty old thread.

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
all i can tell you is the starting gun goes off every day...

as an aside... "staying home to watch the rain" was the original title for the album...

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
and since the bomber dude is dead he wont be needing this thread anymore... he might've been guilty... hard to say....

my favorite floyd song is actually this one...

and this one

and this one

well you get the idea.... ;)

Robert

Reaction score
and since the bomber dude is dead he wont be needing this thread anymore... he might've been guilty... hard to say....

my favorite floyd song is actually this one...

and this one

and this one

well you get the idea.... ;)
Indeed I do. Some of the guys in my class were having a discussion the other day about which gig was the best they'd ever been to.
I struggled to pick one but some of the main contenders were:
The first time I saw Pink Floyd - Rotterdam.
The time Pink Floyd unexpectedly played the whole of Dark Side of The Moon - London.
Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd when he played Glasgow.
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd in Magny Cours, France.
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd the first time I saw him in London.
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd the last time I saw him in London.

Admittedly a bit of a pattern there.... :D