I have an admission to make...

Cyberus

New User
Reaction score
I miss Moobunny!

Ok, it was a guilty pleasure to drop in there from time to time, I wasn't a regular visitor - maybe once a week, but over a year on I realise how much I miss it.

I think some thought it was a lot worse than it was - probably because some of what was said was a bit close to the truth.

If it wasn't for that sociopath or should that be plural (?) that posted all the personal homophobic stuff and worse then it might still be there today. I was also a bit more tolerant of Franko than others, but some of his long rants were a bit too self indulgent (TL;DR) for me and he did have some kind of irrational loathing for Wayne and others which made him look a bit obsessed. I wonder if he has finally begun to let some of that go, I hope so for his sake as well as everyone else's.

Being a Brit I like satire and close to the bone humour, and I like it when people aren't afraid to call people out (see for example Private Eye, or Have I Got News For You), but that's clever and nuanced while still being controversial - being personal and hurling abuse and ranting is too unsophisticated.

It's a shame that a couple of nutcases had to ruin it. Does anyone else agree?

cecilia

Reaction score
nah, I barely realized it was down...just looked and it's been a year.
BS gets tiresome
I stopped looking in long before it was taken down

redrumloa

Reaction score
I agree, I miss it too. You had to take the good with the bad when it came to Moobunny. Some of the best in depth discussions happened on moob, without fear some moderator with an agenda would silence you. The trolling was rampant towards the end, but most of it was hilarious IMO. It's a shame it is only remembered by some for the mean spirited trolling, which was not the norm.

Cyberus

New User
Reaction score
I agree, I miss it too. You had to take the good with the bad when it came to Moobunny. Some of the best in depth discussions happened on moob, without fear some moderator with an agenda would silence you. The trolling was rampant towards the end, but most of it was hilarious IMO. It's a shame it is only remembered by some for the mean spirited trolling, which was not the norm.

I could ignore it too, but when that dickhead ended up posting 30 identical threads in the same day about Penith in the bumhoel or whatever, it did get a bit tedious :-/

redrumloa

Reaction score
I could ignore it too, but when that dickhead ended up posting 30 identical threads in the same day about Penith in the bumhoel or whatever, it did get a bit tedious :-/

Oh yeah.. A certain Canadian did crap-flood badly for a while :-(

Argo

Medieval Warrior Geek
Reaction score
Rarely went there. Though I did have a couple of topics about me.

Robert

Reaction score
I didn't even know it was gone but did visit regularly once upon a long time ago.

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
It was good for a laugh now and then, but it wasn't until long after it was taken down I even realised it was down, at that point I went "meh" and closed the tab.