Hate crimes against white people is a good thing in 2012 USA

redrumloa

Reaction score
Beating of Alabama man not seen as hate crime, despite claim 'Trayvon" invoked

owensbeating.JPG

A racially charged beating of a white Alabama man by a throng of African-Americans is not being investigated as a hate crime, despite one witness' claim that she heard an assailant exclaim: "Now that's justice for Trayvon."

Matthew Owens, of Mobile, Ala., was assaulted with baseball bats, paint cans and other weapons at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday after telling a group of children to stop playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive, according to Ashley Rains, public information officer for the Mobile Police Department.

After the children left the area, a group of adults armed with weapons returned and confronted Owens, 40, in his front yard, where he was assaulted. Owens' sister, Ashley Parker, told WKRG she witnessed the attack and that there were as many as 20 assailants. Parker said she overheard one of them say, "Now that's justice for Trayvon."

Asked if the incident was being investigated as a hate crime, Rains replied: "No, it's not. It's being investigated as an assault." Eugene A. Seidel, first assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, declined to comment on the case when reached by FoxNews.com.
Now Obama will give a speech and say the assailants look like his son. Congrats lefties, you wanted a race war and you may very well get one.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Congrats lefties, you wanted a race war and you may very well get one.
No - lefties want poor and middle class white people and poor and middle class black people and poor and middle class hispanic people and poor and middle class asian people to realize that they are all on the losing side of a bigger war and they should all get together and go after the owners.

The owners, on the other hand, are very keen to keep people divided and fighting each other - white on black, blue on red, whatever your team so long as you don't all get together and sign up for the poor and middle class team.

redrumloa

Reaction score
No - lefties want poor and middle class white people and poor and middle class black people and poor and middle class hispanic people and poor and middle class asian people to realize that they are all on the losing side of a bigger war and they should all get together and go after the owners.

Err, have you noticed the lefties were the ones gushing over Obama's remarks, nodding their heads glazed eyed over the idea the Trayvon case was racially motivated and the US was deeply anti-black racists, giddy over the Trayvon case being used as a tool to destroy the Constitution? It certainly was not lefties pointing out the absurdity of it all and seeing the propoganda for what it was.

The owners, on the other hand, are very keen to keep people divided and fighting each other - white on black, blue on red, whatever your team so long as you don't all get together and sign up for the poor and middle class team.

The owners are winning and the lefties can't turn Access Hollywood or Dancing With The Stars off long enough to care. You can point to much of the right and say the same thing, but the left is totally lost.

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
really? it's the left that doesn't get social issues? wheres a masturbating smiley when you need one.... good grief....

faethor

Reaction score
Any assault for any reason is unacceptable. This includes assaults that are hate crimes.

ilwrath

Reaction score
The owners are winning and the lefties can't turn Access Hollywood or Dancing With The Stars off long enough to care. You can point to much of the right and say the same thing, but the left is totally lost.

what the hell, red? even not caring is better than actively helping the owners by perpetuating the divide. right/left, red/blue, pachyderm/ass... we gotta get over it, man. we're all screwed unless we do.

every time you turn on your neighbor you're doing the owners' bidding for them.

sigh

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Err, have you noticed the lefties were the ones gushing over Obama's remarks, nodding their heads glazed eyed over the idea the Trayvon case was racially motivated and the US was deeply anti-black racists, giddy over the Trayvon case being used as a tool to destroy the Constitution?
You kind of skipped the rails after that last comma, red.

It's true the lefties believe there is systematic racism in the US. It's also true that they are right. The fact is that everyone is racist - in fact we are even more prejudiced than mere racism. Human beings prefer other people (or even things) that look like themselves, act themselves and think like themselves. Lefties are peeing into the wind when it comes to the lefty ideals of treating everyone equally - it's not really in our nature but lefties go on trying anyway and sometimes they overcompensate.

Is the Trayvon case racially motivated? There is almost certainly some truth to that. Was Zimmerman consciously acting based on race? We can't ever know - and in my opinion it doesn't matter. Personally I am not comfortable with the label "hate crime" - it has the sound more of a thought crime - that there are things it is not legal to think - and that is not a good thing. However, if you don't like the idea of "hate crimes" blame the Jews! While persecution based on hate certainly existed before WWII, it was the Nazis who show-cased a most brazen and notorious example of the genre that lead to formalization of "hate crime" laws and it wasn't the Nazis who were pushing for it, it was the victims who had suffered under the Nazis that organized and lobbied for it.

Suddenly lynching black people wasn't just a Saturday night out but a new kind of crime - I'm not sure that was a bad thing per se but I'm still not comfortable with idea of "hate crime". The theory is that what you think while committing a crime changes the crime you commit. Perhaps that isn't too much of a stretch since we already distinguish crimes with the same outcome based on the intentions of the perpetrator - the difference between murder and manslaughter for example.

In Canada I believe that though we use the words hate crime, it does not comprise another class of crime but is used as a consideration in sentencing. A prejudicial attitude is considered an aggravating circumstance so if a guy who hates black people kills a black man, for example, he is considered to be both more culpable and more likely to re-offend. I understand this reasoning but as a liberal lefty myself I would much rather see equality before the law e.g.
Rich people that steal from you should go to "pound-me-in-the-ass-prison" just like the poor people that steal.

Equality before the law would be much better than pretending to make up for inequality by talking about "hate crime".

The fact remains that in America a black person is more likely to be arrested, prosecuted and imprisoned than a white person for exactly the same crime. That's the real problem as I see it from my seat on the far left.

Glaucus

Reaction score
The fact remains that in America a black person is more likely to be arrested, prosecuted and imprisoned than a white person for exactly the same crime. That's the real problem as I see it from my seat on the far left.
And I always saw this as a key point to the Trayvon case that Red seems to ignore. It's not so much that Zimmerman was Hispanic, it's that the police didn't seem to care that a black man was killed and thus didn't properly investigate.

The hate crime thing certainly is in the grey area as well. Motivation for an attack can certainly play a factor in determining the chance of re-offending. However the real purpose is to crush movements by acting as a powerful deterrent.

In Canada we do have hate speech laws which are even more controversial.

cecilia

Reaction score
but people like red LOVE to hate and they don't want to give it up

ilwrath

Reaction score
Who do I hate? Please, do tell.

Hate is probably a stronger word than I would have used... But you really do seem to love to ramp up the rhetoric against your fellow man. Do you really think we're the enemy? Do you really believe all the crazy words you place in our mouths? Do you really believe we are for all the crazy stances you suppose us in? If not, why do you do it?

What purpose does it all serve, except to divide? Within the context of rhetoric, there's no space for learning, growing, or understanding, because you're already starting from the space of supposedly knowing everything.

It's just tiring and depressing to try to even talk to someone who starts from a base of being unwilling to listen.

cecilia

Reaction score
Exactly...mind is closed.
I used the word HATE because what I see here is bitterness, impotence and self hatred.

I DON'T see a person who is willing to pick up his bootstraps and make things better.
I was brought up to Never give up. I just don't know how to do that.
I really do feel that there is a solution to every problem and if I THINK I will find the answer. Maybe not today, but eventually.

People who give up are cowards

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
Hate is probably a stronger word than I would have used... But you really do seem to love to ramp up the rhetoric against your fellow man. Do you really think we're the enemy? Do you really believe all the crazy words you place in our mouths? Do you really believe we are for all the crazy stances you suppose us in? If not, why do you do it?

What purpose does it all serve, except to divide? Within the context of rhetoric, there's no space for learning, growing, or understanding, because you're already starting from the space of supposedly knowing everything.

It's just tiring and depressing to try to even talk to someone who starts from a base of being unwilling to listen.

amen!!