Funny Pics '17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilwrath

Reaction score
I'm going to take a different tact brought to my attention by my OCD.

The green dot on the right is "lightest" because it has floated higher in the graphic than the two to the left... (pixel-wise, it's higher than the other two, hence it has floated higher, hence it's "lighter").

I didn't notice that alignment difference until seeing it on my phone screen. After that, I think you're on to something...

@ilwrath. Hey man, colour isn't about analysis using colour pickers. It's about emotion! I feel colours change depending on their surroundings. To me the orange on the left is darkest maybe because there is a lot going on. On the right there is blank space. The left green seems lightest because of the blank space.

@Wayne. Good catch! Albert Einstein is also an outside thinker!

I think the grey background on the green happens to matter, too. If you want my honest opinion, on thinking about it, I think it's an optical illusion that got foiled by the PNG image scaling. I think you're supposed to stare at the orange trio trying to find a non-existent difference. Then when you scroll down to the green ones, the false image of the orange trio will still be in your eyes. Superimposed with the green dots, your mind will assemble it into a false 3d image. The misalignment of the green dots upward would make the rightmost green dot appear floating. (Or if you focus on it, it'll make the leftmost dot appear sunk.) But because the images aren't scaled so the dots are the same size, it all falls apart. :p

Robert

Reaction score
23561496_933647460122871_4629803095619735483_n.png

Reactions: adz
Status
Not open for further replies.