From White House bid to Federal Prison looming for Hillary Clinton

redrumloa

Reaction score
This will be the post election cycle thread for Hillary Clinton. While everyone knows the FBI announced closing the email scandal investigation again, not everyone knows there is still a long ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation. Things just got a whooooole lot worse for Hillary. She didn't win the election, and she hasn't been charged with anything yet so Obama can't pardon her. If the current investigation last into the Trump presidency, there will be no Obama appointed DOJ lackey to block the FBI. There will be a very easy path to prison for Hillary, Bill and dozens of other people. This will be interesting.

The Clinton Crime Family looks o be coming to an end.

EXCLUSIVE: It’s Full-Bore Ahead For FBI’s Clinton Foundation Probe

BI agents across the country are continuing to actively pursue a broad political corruption investigation of the Clinton Foundation, a probe that is consuming the resources in the FBI’s Little Rock, Ark., field office where every agent assigned to public corruption matters now is working on the case, The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group has learned.

“Everybody’s working the foundation in Little Rock,” a former senior FBI official told TheDCNF. There at least 10 agents involved, but it’s possible the Little Rock field office is “pulling bodies from other programs.”

The official previously told TheDCNF that an unprecedented FBI probe of the foundation was being waged in multiple cities, which TheDCNF reported in August. The other cities involved in the probe include New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and Miami.

Robert

Reaction score
Well, Trump said he'd open an investigation: "if I win I'm going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

Let's see if he keeps his word.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Well, Trump said he'd open an investigation: "if I win I'm going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

If all the "sources inside the FBI" are true, he won't need one. He will only need to appoint a DOJ Attorney General that will not obstruct charges.

We shall see. I will stock up on popcorn for 2017. It will be an interesting year.

Robert

Reaction score
I will stock up on popcorn for 2017. It will be an interesting year.

Hahaha - it certainly will.
Very interesting indeed.
maxresdefault.jpg

JoBBo

Reaction score

Surprise, surprise...

"President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise." (Source)

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock - oh wait, I actually won? Nevermind!

Robert

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise...

Indeed, bullshit-merchant in talking-bullshit-shocker!
I have a feeling it'll be easier to keep track of promises he keeps than those he breaks.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise...

"President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise." (Source)

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock - oh wait, I actually won? Nevermind!

I hope he at least does not obstruct the FBI from completing their ongoing investigation in the Clinton Foundation, nor obstructs the DOJ to peruse criminal charges if appropriate. The problem all along has been Obama using the DOJ to obstruct the FBI.

Personally I'm mildly disappointed he won't appoint a special prosecutor, but the democrats should be trilled? Right? They claimed it would amount to political persecution. Aren't you happy about this JoBBo?

-Edit-
Anyhow this all is probably moot since it looks like Obama will give Clinton a blanket pardon for any past or future crimes.

JoBBo

Reaction score
Personally I'm mildly disappointed he won't appoint a special prosecutor, but the democrats should be trilled? Right? They claimed it would amount to political persecution. Aren't you happy about this JoBBo?
Why would I be? As a general rule, presidents should keep away from meddling with criminal investigations especially if they affect either political allies or opponents, as it can strongly undermine the credibility of democracies.

I know it was a personal highlight for you, but Trump becoming visibly enraged during a debate and then vindictively threating a political opponent with criminal procedures in public was an absolute low point for me during this election cycle, because this is what you would expect to take place in a dictatorship without proper separation of power and not a semi-modern democracy. In a country where the populace is already known to have such little confidence in their democratic representatives, this type of behaviour is dangerous and unhelpful.

If you did not hate Clinton so much, maybe you would understand. Personally, I really could not care less if she gets convicted or not, as long as she actually committed a crime and not merely upset a current or future president.

Anyhow this all is probably moot since it looks like Obama will give Clinton a blanket pardon for any past or future crimes.
Especially after Conway's announcement, this seems extremely unlikely.

I assume some of the more extreme Donald believers will argue this is just a genius ploy to dupe Obama into not pardoning Clinton so Trump can go after her with full force once Obama is out of office but, while I would be in no way surprised if Trump changed his mind on Clinton again in 6 months or even as soon as tomorrow, he really does not seem to be much of a long-term strategic thinker.

Last edited:

redrumloa

Reaction score
I assume some of the more extreme Donald believers will argue this is just a genius ploy to dupe Obama into not pardoning Clinton so Trump can go after her with full force once Obama is out of office but, while I would be in no way surprised if Trump changed his mind on Clinton again in 6 months or even as soon as tomorrow, he really does not seem to be much of a long-term strategic thinker.

You missed the first part of my post where I commented on the ongoing FBI criminal investigation of the Clinton Foundation. Ideally a president would be hands off concerning the FBI and DOJ. If Trump stays hands off and Obama doesn't blanket pardon her, she could be facing time in federal prison despite Trump not appointing a special prosecutor.

JoBBo

Reaction score
You missed the first part of my post where I commented on the ongoing FBI criminal investigation of the Clinton Foundation. Ideally a president would be hands off concerning the FBI and DOJ. If Trump stays hands off and Obama doesn't blanket pardon her, she could be facing time in federal prison despite Trump not appointing a special prosecutor.
I did not miss it at all. The article I linked to includes the following quote from Conway: "I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone and content" ...

JoBBo

Reaction score
Probably not a coincidence that Conway shared Trump's latest views on charges against Clinton today considering these breaking news...

"President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has admitted to the IRS that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses or their families." (Source)

Robert

Reaction score
Probably not a coincidence that Conway shared Trump's latest views on charges against Clinton today considering these breaking news...

"President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has admitted to the IRS that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses or their families." (Source)

What's that old saying?
"Takes one to know one...."

redrumloa

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise...

Well well well

Trump Will Encourage Foreign Governments to Investigate Clinton Foundation

The new administration will pressure its new ambassadors to urge governments in Haiti and Colombia to investigate the foundation’s financial dealings, the New York Post reported.

Trump said he will not investigate or pursue charges against Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server or role in the Clinton Foundation while at the State Department. But Trump’s statement did not say anything about encouraging foreign governments to look into the foundation’s work in various countries.

Haiti and Colombia will be key diplomatic posts for this because of all the money involved,” said the source.

Senior foundation officials coordinated with the State Department to give “Friends of Bill” Clinton preferential treatment during earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti in 2010, according to emails obtained by the Republican National Committee through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Yeah, that that prison sentence is looking further away :-(

Clintons to Attend Trump Inauguration

Bill and Hillary Clinton will attend Donald Trump’s inauguration on Jan. 20, a spokesman said, setting aside any Election Day disappointment to witness the transfer of power.

metalman

Reaction score
Laptop holding Hillary Clinton email investigation info stolen from Secret Service agent

The thief stepped out of a dark-colored car, possibly an Uber, and stole the laptop from Argentieri's vehicle, a 2015 Bajaj, which was parked in the driveway of her Bath Beach home, sources said. Neighbors said the thief struck about 3 a.m.

The crook, a man dressed in black, didn’t get back in the car. He was seen on surveillance video walking away from the scene with a backpack holding the laptop, sources said.

Argentieri told investigators the laptop contained floor plans for Trump Tower, evacuation protocols and information regarding the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, according to sources.

After walking off the suspect turned onto Cropsey Ave. and dumped the bag in the snow outside a private home.
Secret Service agent leaves a laptop containing sensitive data in their car overnight….in their driveway?
Just like the Thanksgiving weekend 2012 fire directly above Secretary Clinton’s office in the State Department building, things just happen to disappear when the subject is Hillary Clinton & investigations.

metalman

Reaction score
“and stole the laptop from Argentieri’s vehicle, a 2015 Bajaj, which was parked in the driveway”

2015 Bajaj ?? that’s an Indian motorcycle!

So the laptop was in a backpack on the side of a motorcycle ?!?

ilwrath

Reaction score
Other items stolen include “sensitive” documents, an access keycard, coins, a black zippered bag with the Secret Service insignia on it and Secret Service lapel pins from various assignments — including ones involving Donald Trump, the Hillary Clinton campaign, the United Nations General Assembly and the Pope’s visit to New York, sources said.

That "access keycard"... Please tell me it isn't the CAC to log onto the laptop, thus rendering the full disk encryption completely pointless... (Crickets) Yeah, I'd bet it is, too.

This is a complete WTF. Secret Service leaves a laptop unsecured in "vehicle." Bajaj does also make small enclosed 3 wheel cars, but it is rather unclear if any have been sold in US. They are not for this market. And you're always taught to never leave laptop in a vehicle. And never store your CAC card with it. Just mind boggling. Had to have been deliberate. Or dumbest Secret Service agent ever.

metalman

Reaction score
That "access keycard"... Please tell me it isn't the CAC to log onto the laptop, thus rendering the full disk encryption completely pointless... (Crickets) Yeah, I'd bet it is, too.

This is a complete WTF. Secret Service leaves a laptop unsecured in "vehicle." Bajaj does also make small enclosed 3 wheel cars, but it is rather unclear if any have been sold in US. They are not for this market. And you're always taught to never leave laptop in a vehicle. And never store your CAC card with it. Just mind boggling. Had to have been deliberate. Or dumbest Secret Service agent ever.

has to be deliberate

no bajaj cars are sold in US that I can find, the car has a 200cc engine and was first marketed in 2012
it its not certified for US sales

the Bajaj Rickshaw was last sold in the US in 2008 , its literally a clown car, there is a used car market for them to be used as parade vehicles

three-wheelers-turn-into-a-nuisance-for-peshawarites-5ff7840f2349b4bf766f00d41eb0a6d7.jpg

Bajaj also makes many models of mopeds & motorcycles

Has to be a motorcycle