Forums layout discussion

Please read below and let me know if you agree.

• Yes

• No

• Other (please comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
As @cecilia pointed out with her "Today in History" thread, I believe we're reached that inevitable point in every site's evolution where we don't know what the bleep is going on. Too many overlapping forums for just the 12 people that are here.

Therefore, I'd like to make a suggestion/request/proposal, pending your vote;

We're only 10 or so regular users here. Do we really need 14 different forums? I'd like to suggest that we boil it down to three or four max as follows;

- General Discussion (The DMZ)
- Funny Stuff (videos/pics/jokes/whatever)
- Site Announcements

All posts from other forums would be moved to the appropriate forum from the list above. Nothing should get lost.

Wayne

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
When I return next week, a non-vote by the 10 will be considered a "yes" btw and I'll go ahead and smoosh them all together. I'm just really curious as to whether you have a reason why we shouldn't consolidate all the forums?

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
other - we only really need one forum - we follow threads mostly so it doesn't matter where they get created. They may as well be all in one place.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Never being one to shy away from monumentally stupid decisions, I made the call. Wanted to do something so I could stop thinking about it and start prepping for the long drive ahead of me.

I agree that we only need one forum, but... The Funny forum could be NSFW, which does matter to certain net nazi programs and I can't keep them from indexing it if I pull them into the General Discussion Forum. I can however close even the sight of it to members only by making it a separate forum. The Site Stuff (my announcements forum) is just because I'm "special" and want a place to quickly add those without worrying about having to find them in 58000 messages later on.

Savvy?

Wayne

cecilia

Reaction score
well, being slightly anal I love keeping things in categories instead of having stuff all lumped together.

but that doesn't mean we need a huge number of forums. Just something reasonable.

if that makes any sense :)

ottomobiehl

New User
Reaction score
I voted no (if I understood the question correctly) but I'd like to have a small set of categories though generalized as they may be. For some reason a technology forum would be useful (at least to me) as that is probably where I'll post most stuff.

I'm sure there are a few other categories that could be useful too.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Well flippity do dah dammit... Looks like I jumped the gun. We would have still desperately needed some way to clarify things, because they were getting confusing, but all I can say at this point since there is no "undo" is... whoops? Sorry..