Dead Celebs - 2024

redrumloa

Reaction score

Paul ‘The Butcher’ Vachon Passes Away At Age 86

Vachon began wrestling in the 1950s and spent time in a tag team with his brother Maurice Vachon. Together, they would become tag team champions in AWA and NWA. Vachon was also the promoter for Grand Prix in Quebec for its three-year run in the 1970s.

Following his promoter days, Vachon worked for World Wrestling Federation between 1973 and 1985. His last pro wrestling match took place in 1987 before he was inducted in several Hall of Fames.

Paul was one of thirteen children. In addition to Maurice, their sister Diane also wrestled as Vivian Vachon. Paul’s adopted daughter was the late Luna Vachon. “The Butcher” battled several cancers over the last few decades.

OLE ANDERSONWRESTLING LEGEND DEAD AT 81... Original Four Horsemen Member

Wrestling legend Ole Anderson -- who helped form The Four Horsemen in the 1980s -- has died at 81 years old.

The WWE confirmed the sad news Monday evening ... remembering him in a statement as "a prolific and decorated tag team wrestler" who had a "hard-nosed style and gruff demeanor."

Michael Jones, best known as WWF's Virgil and his work with the 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase, dead at 61

virgill.png

Michael Jones, who was best known as Ted DiBiase's bodyguard Virgil in WWF in the late 1980s and early 1990s, has died at age 61. News of Jones' death was initially shared by Mark Charles III, a wrestling referee and friend of Jones.

"My dear friends, it is with great sorrow that I bring news from the Jones family of the passing of our beloved Michael Jones, whom we know and loved as Virgil, Vincent, Soul Train Jones and more," Charles wrote on Facebook. "Virgil passed peacefully at the hospital this morning and I ask that you pray for him and for his family. May his memory be eternal!"

Fun fact about Michael Jones. He was brought into WWF as "Virgil" as a rib at Dusty Rhodes, who at the time was the booker for the competition WCW. Dusty's real first name was Virgil. When Michael Jones later went to work for WCW in the late 90s he was initially given the name "Vincent", as a rib back at the owner of the WWF Vince McMahon. Late in his WCW career they renamed him "Shane", who was Vice McMahon's real life son who was getting involved on TV for the WWF.

WTF?? He was only 35! No cause of death given, but "foul play is not suspected".

434944096_968717967949495_7225166806550855567_n.jpg

WTF?? He was only 35! No cause of death given, but "foul play is not suspected".
Depends on the cause of death and if there's a family history of heart disease.

Depends on the cause of death and if there's a family history of heart disease.

With the way NFL screens players these days, any heart issues may preclude someone from playing. I've seen through local media that former teammates and friends of his say no chance of suicide. Channing Crowder told a nice story of fishing off the intercoastal 2 weeks back and he happened to be driving by, so stopped and they had a long 2+ hour talk. He was upbeat, as always and they were talking about near future plans together. That's no guarantee as I did the same thing with a close friend decades back, and within a few hours he ate a bullet at home.

Locally those who knew him are saying he was found unresponsive, no signs of foul play and no signs of self inflicted harm. I'll wait before bringing up the elephant in the room.

This all is REALLY local to me, not just as a Dolphins fan, but as someone living the same part of Broward County. I've seen Channing Crowder out jogging in the morning. Him telling his story of fishing on Orange Drive (Intercoastal) is a few miles from where I live now and around the corner from where I grew up as a teen. The training facility was in Davie for decades until ~2 years ago.

Last edited:

DICKEY BETTS, ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND Singer And Guitarist, Dead At 80

Dickey Betts, the singer, songwriter, and guitarist of THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND, died Thursday morning (April 18) at the age of 80. The cause was cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Betts's manager David Spero confirmed to Rolling Stone.

"It is with profound sadness and heavy hearts that the Betts family announce the peaceful passing of Forrest Richard 'Dickey' Betts (December 12, 1943 – April 18, 2024) at the age of 80 years old," Betts's family announced in a statement. "The legendary performer, songwriter, bandleader, and family patriarch was at his home in Osprey, Florida, surrounded by his family. Dickey was larger-than-life, and his loss will be felt worldwide. At this difficult time, the family asks for prayers and respect for their privacy in the coming days. More information will be forthcoming at the appropriate time."

Back