DC Snowstorm 16

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the view from my doorstep today, and it's not done yet...

Wayne

IMG_1240.jpg IMG_1241.jpg IMG_1242.jpg IMG_1243.jpg IMG_1245.jpg IMG_1246.jpg IMG_1247.jpg

cecilia

Reaction score

taken at 3:04PM
I barely got the front door open enough to video this

it is now impossible to open the front door. (top of the video is the back yard. end of the video is from the front of the house)

if it isn't snowing tomorrow we'll have to shovel around to the front of the house to clear the front door/steps

cecilia

Reaction score
according to the Weather Channel "Winter Storm Jonas is the first storm on record to bring more than two feet of snow to both Baltimore and New York City."

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
according to the Weather Channel "Winter Storm Jonas is the first storm on record to bring more than two feet of snow to both Baltimore and New York City."
This is the time I really wish I had a yardstick around to take some pics...

cecilia

Reaction score
we have a fantastic neighbor! We've known this for years, of course......anyway, we had only shoveled about a 3rd of the driveway on Sunday...and then we stopped.

around 5-6PM by neighbor - Ralph - came home and was using his snowplow to clear his sidewalk/driveway/whatever....then - without being asked was working on our driveway.

We thanked him, of course. He simply said he was doing it for Mom. Now THAT is a great human being.

I'll post pictures in moment

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
that right side corner with the snow collected on the bottom was me just now carving out the angle so it's a bit easier for me to get out onto the street. After the photo I shoveled the snow out of the way
Looks like my driveway.. The idiots who plowed our apartment complex roads piled up 5 feet of slush and ice in front of our garages...

cecilia

Reaction score
Looks like my driveway.. The idiots who plowed our apartment complex roads piled up 5 feet of slush and ice in front of our garages...
believe me, I FEEL your pain. The plows love to shovel that snow right into one's driveway and it's usually this icy crap that is way too hard to shovel by hand.

grrrrrrr

we got lucky in that the snow mostly stayed fluffy compared to other years...still not easy, of course.

and last night some rain came down which melted some of this snow...the temperatures will remain above freezing so each day more will evaporate.

I hope you get lucky near you ...according to weather reports the northeast should have a warmer than usual February - we shall see.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope you get lucky near you ...according to weather reports the northeast should have a warmer than usual February - we shall see.
It was in the 40's yesterday, and I believe Tuesday as well.

Argo

Medieval Warrior Geek
Reaction score
Let the flooding commence!

cecilia

Reaction score
It was in the 40's yesterday, and I believe Tuesday as well.
yeah, we are getting temp's in the 40's easily....and I've read that Wed may be 57 F - I can only laugh

actually, I'd like it to be snow free at least until after Super Bowl Sunday. I'm looking forward to spending that afternoon at my friend's place.
Good Times :)