Dave Mustaine Says Obama Is 'The Most Divisive President We've Ever Had'

redrumloa

Reaction score
Dave Mustaine Says Obama Is 'The Most Divisive President We've Ever Had'

When asked about the ongoing "Occupy Wall Street" protests assailing income inequality, joblessness and big banks, Mustaine said, "I think it's really dreadful what's happening. The buck stops with the president of the United States. He's the most powerful person in the world. He's also the most divisive president we've ever had. I've never, in my 50 years of being alive, listened to an American president try and turn one class of people against another class of people. I've never — never — heard a president say, 'Go down and join the protesters down at Wall Street,' knowing that there are Nazis down there, knowing that there are people down there who are trust-fund babies, that are super, super wealthy and they're going down there and pretending that they really care; they just wanna be part of the 'movement.' And the fact that that whole protest that's going on down there, it's costing the police $125,000 a day. And they're not raising any money for that. Who's paying for that? The taxpayers. What I would like to do is really help these guys get organized, but I don't think there's anybody there that you would be able to talk to about getting organized. If anything, if those guys wanna protest, protest on the steps of the White House, not on Wall Street."

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score

Gays? Immigrants? Non-Christians? The Poor? The Sick? Everyone has had a good curb stomping from some president along the line. This guy is divisive because he is (half halfheartedly) looking at the elites?

Well, when the elites have all the means of communication it sure sounds like there is a lot of fuss but it's only because they talk more loudly, not because there is as much division as they say.

Dammy

Reaction score
Gays? Immigrants? Non-Christians? The Poor? The Sick? Everyone has had a good curb stomping from some president along the line. This guy is divisive because he is (half halfheartedly) looking at the elites?

Well, when the elites have all the means of communication it sure sounds like there is a lot of fuss but it's only because they talk more loudly, not because there is as much division as they say.

So how is Canada changing all that?

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
So how is Canada changing all that?
Before I can possibly begin to answer such a question I need to know what it means, unless you asked it simply to indicate, in an ironic way, that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Canada.

Glaucus

Reaction score
Well, this was posted in the Entertainment forum, so I'm guessing this is a joke. Hahaha, very funny.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Well, this was posted in the Entertainment forum, so I'm guessing this is a joke. Hahaha, very funny.

This is Dave Mustaine, so yes Entertainment is proper.

faethor

Reaction score
How is divisiveness measured? If it's equal for and equal against then yeah Obama is there. Though unliked is probably worse, for example, Carter was 28% liked and GWB was 22% liked in their last days.

Dammy

Reaction score
Before I can possibly begin to answer such a question I need to know what it means, unless you asked it simply to indicate, in an ironic way, that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Canada.

I was referring to Canada having the exact same issues in it's history.

ilwrath

Reaction score
Hmm... Nope. Even if you count interviews, Dave Mustaine still hasn't delivered anything worth listening to in the past 15 years, or so. :D

redrumloa

Reaction score
Hmm... ...And Dave Mustaine still hasn't delivered anything worth listening to in the past 15 years, or so. :D

Actually after a stretch of weak albums (Risk comes to mind), his last several have been mostly good imho.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I was referring to Canada having the exact same issues in it's history.
If that is what you meant, then sure. Did you expect me to disagree with that?
What you asked, though, was subtly different and seemed to imply that we should be doing something about your country - not a very practical endeavour.
However, as to the groups I mentioned, in Canada we are doing a pretty good job so far of not letting ourselves become too divided on those issues. Not perfect, of course, but in general Canadians are far more liberal than Americans. :)

(Not strictly a fact. It splits between urban/rural but on the whole we are a bit more liberal).