Damn it, that's enough!

Fade

Reaction score
Last week we had the snow. This photo was taken before another 8 inches fell during the night. It took 3 days to melt, then yesterday it was 82 degrees. Right now, it is 28 degrees with 1/2 inch of ice and getting colder. Down into the teens tonight.

I was going to plant my early peas, onions, and lettuce this week but I am now declaring, it is officially the beginning of a new Ice Age, and anyone that denies it can go suck an icicle.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
FADE!!!!!! It's been like ... for ever!!! Good to see you again.

(Oh, wait, looks like I missed your return in the mn#1 thread)

Anyway, glad the weather is noteworthy, else you'd be planting peas and we'd never hear from you. :)

Robert

Reaction score

Nice photo Fade. Looks like a day for getting the sledge out.

faethor

Reaction score
Here in the northland it's been a sad winter. All you on the Eastern side are hogging the snow! Our average is 54" we'll be lucky if we make 15". Fade color me jealous!

Luckily the US is for a big warm up next week. The news said significant melting will be happening everywhere. The Twin Cities is targeted to hit the 50s, about 5 weeks ahead of average. I'm ready for it. I gave up on winter ever coming here.

Fade

Reaction score
Well, look at this next photo of the front yard from two years ago, then look at the first photo again. Notice that all the trees are gone. They all landed on top of the house, during what the weatherman called "straight line winds." The same storm got one of my rental houses also. And because the lake house sits empty over half the year, the insurance companies will not sell me insurance on it. I have spent the last year and a half repairing it myself. Just didn't have the where-with-all to do any computer stuff during that time. I have now cobbled together a working computer from old parts and pieces. (See computer photo.) It's old stuff, but it is working. I am going to disassemble it in a few days, and stuff it into the tall tower case. I really didn't like the laptop that got crushed anyway.

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
Well, you never know when you need a ruger in case that blasted computer ain't working