Black officer shoots and kills unarmed deaf man using sign language

Robert

Reaction score
Spooky - I just logged in to post a link to this in the Death By Cop thread.

metalman

Reaction score
The lesson seems to be that after a high speed car chase, it's never a good idea aggressively approach the officer.

JoBBo

Reaction score
Aggressive sign language?
finger-gun_mr-bean_9965.jpg

ilwrath

Reaction score
The lesson seems to be [...], it's never a good idea to [...] approach the officer.
FTFY
Just roll down the window and sit quietly in the car with your hands visible until the officer approaches. Don't make any fast movements. That is a lousy thing to accept in a supposedly free country like the USA, but if you want to survive the encounter, it's essential knowledge to follow.

redrumloa

Reaction score
FTFY
Just roll down the window and sit quietly in the car with your hands visible until the officer approaches. Don't make any fast movements. That is a lousy thing to accept in a supposedly free country like the USA, but if you want to survive the encounter, it's essential knowledge to follow.

From first hand witness encounters this looks bad. I wonder if the cop had a body cam. I have 2 major problems with this case so far.

1) It appears the officer was in an unmarked vehicle. The video shows both marked and unmarked, but it appears the car directly behind the victim's vehicle was the officer's car and it is an unmarked vehicle with no top light bar. In Florida (and I'm sure elsewhere) there has been a major problem with people impersonating police officers in unmarked vehicles with fake dash lights. Police have responded on tv to such problems stating that drivers who are unsure should proceed and pull over at the next police station, fire station or at least a very very populated area. If this officer was in an unmarked vehicle it reinforces my opinion that ZERO traffic stops should be performed in unmarked vehicles.

2) Deaf people often tend to have social anxieties other do not, Witnesses say he did not charge the officer, only got out and tried sign language. He was probably panicked and clearly could not obey orders he could not hear.