Baltimore Bridge

PJW has the best take so far.

There more I think about this the more I'm not sure I agree with PJW after all about International DEI being the issue. The sped up video makes it look like a deliberate strike. That's not new, but thinking it through the explanations for that seem suspect. That's one enormous cargo ship. One explanation is they lost control through power issues and dropped anchor on one side. Serious question, a cargo ship that size, does an anchor and chain large enough exist to alter the course into a near U-Turn? Another explanation is with power failure, after reboot it will default to the last stored command. Umm, Maybe? The video I've seen makes it look like the power went out twice. The stored command was a perfect turn into the support?

I'm back to square one basically. Something stinks. I'll stick by my very first initial thought that at bare minimum, criminal negligence.

Another container ship loses power, slows to halt near NYC bridge

In an unsettling reminder of the cargo ship plowing into Balitmore’s Francis Scott Key bridge, an 89,000-ton ship stopped after experiencing problems near New York City’s Verrazzano Bridge.

The incident, just 12 days after the cargo ship Dali took down the bridge in Baltimore after a reported loss of power, involved the container ship APL Qingdao which similarly lost propulsion in the New York harbor over the weekend.

Maritime journalist John Konrad, the CEO of news organization gCaptain, shared an image of the 1,100-foot-long ship near the Verrazzano Bridge.

-snip-

so to me at bare minimum there's criminal negligence here

FBI opens criminal probe into Baltimore bridge collapse: source AP

The FBI has opened a criminal investigation into the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse in Baltimore, a federal source confirmed to Fox News.

The probe, first reported by the Washington Post, centers on the 985-foot container ship, the Dali, looking at any violations of federal maritime law, with a focus on whether ship personnel may have been aware of any onboard technical or operational issues before the ship left the Port of Baltimore, according the source with knowledge of the ongoing investigation.

Authorities are looking into the events leading up to the moment the ship lost power before slamming into one of the bridge’s support pillars, the Post reported, citing two U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, the FBI confirmed the bureau "is present aboard the cargo ship Dali conducting court-authorized law enforcement activity."

"There is no other public information available, and we will have no further comment," it added.

Back