Apartheid State

Glaucus

Reaction score
Kerry Warns Israel Could Become ‘An Apartheid State’

If there’s no two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict soon, Israel risks becoming “an apartheid state,” Secretary of State John Kerry told a room of influential world leaders in a closed-door meeting Friday.
It wasn't the only controversial comment on the Middle East that Kerry made during his remarks to the Trilateral Commission, a recording of which was obtained by The Daily Beast. Kerry also repeated his warning that a failure of Middle East peace talks could lead to a resumption of Palestinian violence against Israeli citizens. He suggested that a change in either the Israeli or Palestinian leadership could make achieving a peace deal more feasible. He lashed out against Israeli settlement-building. And Kerry said that both Israeli and Palestinian leaders share the blame for the current impasse in the talks.

Good, but should have been said decades ago.

Robert

Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long at all.
Forced to apologise for almost telling the truth:
The US secretary of state, John Kerry, has apologised for warning thatIsrael risked becoming an "apartheid state" if it did not reach a peace deal with the Palestinians, following a barrage of criticism in America.

In a statement, Kerry hit back at what he described as "partisan political" attacks against him, while stating that in retrospect he would have chosen a different word.

How depressingly pathetic.

More here:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/29/john-kerry-apologises-israel-apartheid-remarks

Glaucus

Reaction score
A backlash was to be expect and I'm sure he knew it was coming. Still, the word got used by the US Secretary of State. It'll start getting used more and more often and soon enough the only thing shocking about it is that we're allowing an apartheid to continue.

Robert

Reaction score
A backlash was to be expect and I'm sure he knew it was coming. Still, the word got used by the US Secretary of State. It'll start getting used more and more often and soon enough the only thing shocking about it is that we're allowing an apartheid to continue.

That's a fair point; he needn't have said it at all.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I wonder if that's Putin's price for not invading Ukraine."Hey John, go say Israel is apartheid and we'll call it even." Or maybe that's the price the new Nazis in Ukraine are asking for to go along with the austerity plan.

Or it could just be about time.

Robert

Reaction score
We can expect to see Soldier A up in court then?

cecilia

Reaction score
Kerry said that both Israeli and Palestinian leaders share the blame for the current impasse in the talks.
I've been saying that for years.

frankly I'd love to build a giant bubble around Israel to keep the rest of the world safe from them

Last edited:

Robert

Reaction score
frankly I'd love to build a giant bubble around Israel to keep the rest of the world safe from them

I guess that's also their argument for the Gaza wall.