Another mass shooting

Robert

Reaction score
canada-was-attacked-nufa9b.jpg
It's now looking like it was a Christian. The muslim who was arrested with him has been released.
Student Alexandre Bissonnette charged

The Montreal Gazette reports that the suspect dressed up as the Grim Reaper for Halloween, according to his Facebook page, which has now been taken offline.

On the social network, he also reportedly "liked" US President Donald Trump and French National Front leader Marine Le Pen.

Francois Deschamps, an official with an advocacy group, Welcome to Refugees, said the suspect was known for his far-right views.

Mr Bissonnette was "unfortunately known to many activists in Quebec for taking nationalist, pro-Le Pen and anti-feminist positions at Laval University and on social media," Mr Deschamps posted on the organisation's Facebook page.

Robert

Reaction score
The muslim who was arrested with him has been released.

Another man who police originally described as a suspect, Mohamed Belkhadir, is actually a witness who La Presse reports was helping a shooting victim at the mosque when he ran away thinking a policeman was an attacker.

Belkhadir, 29, an engineering student originally from Morocco, said he was giving his friend first aid when he spotted someone with a weapon and fled to the mosque's parking lot, not realizing the person he saw was a cop.

"They saw me flee, they thought I was suspicious, that's normal," he told La Presse. " For them, someone who flees is a suspect."

Robert

Reaction score

Robert

Reaction score
Quite shocking revelation, I must say.

Indeed.
Of all the mass shootings to happen in North American history, I'm sure the percentage carried out by muslims must be at least a fraction of one per cent.

Equally, I'm sure the percentage carried out by Christians can't be any greater than the high nineties.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Indeed.
Of all the mass shootings to happen in North American history, I'm sure the percentage carried out by muslims must be at least a fraction of one per cent.

Equally, I'm sure the percentage carried out by Christians can't be any greater than the high nineties.

So you want to conflate Terrorism with mass Shootings? If so, OK. By those rules of all the mass shootings in American history, the high 90s are done by non-white people.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
So you want to conflate Terrorism with mass Shootings?
Hey, why stop there. Let's conflate things further by including collateral damage. It's all killing mostly innocent people. The difference between the three is whether an individual does it, whether a N.G.O. does it or whether a government does it. Still ends up with a bunch of people dead for nothing but being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

metalman

Reaction score
Indeed.
Of all the mass shootings to happen in North American history, I'm sure the percentage carried out by Muslims must be at least a fraction of one per cent.

to be a valid comparison, you need to adjust that percentage by its percent of the total population
According to 2016 estimate, there are 3.3 million Muslims living in the United States, about 1% of population

in 2016 Muslim terrorists were responsible for 49 deaths, 53 injured

adjusting for Muslim percentage of population 49/.01= 4900 53/.01 = 5300

Robert

Reaction score
Not convinced by this study but it's interesting all the same. More research needed, I guess:

US school shootings 'follow trends in the unemployment rate'

A recent study published in Nature Human Behavior describes a carefully curated dataset for US school shootings between 1990-2013, created from existing data and original data sources.

In their analysis, the authors of this paper found that the rate of school shootings increased from 2007-2013. They also found data that suggested increased shooting rates were correlated with increases in unemployment rates. This finding indicates that high levels of economic distress may lead to increases in school-related gun violence.

Robert

Reaction score

redrumloa

Reaction score
Wait, I thought you guys already said (in this very thread) such acts were always carried out by muslims?
Was he an Islamic Democrat?
If not, is it another "shocking revelation"?

What party do radical Muslims vote for in the US? Right, Democrats. Anyhow, early reports say "white male". Let's wait for the the truth to come out because we know at least 9/10 times early reports are Fake News. This could still be an ISIS connected person.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I don't think the word "terrorist" applies when politicians are attacked. Terrorism is when you attack the population to undermine the government. Shooting politicians is about as close as you can get to shooting the rulers - because you are shooting their rubber stampers and lackeys. It would be better to shoot the actual rulers but they are harder to find and harder to get to.