An NFL boycott is looming

redrumloa

Reaction score
The attempt of walking back what they did is not going to fly. I think it is finally starting to sink in how badly did they step in it, but it won't clean off their shoes any time soon.

BUSTED: Steelers' Head Coach Held Fundraiser For Hillary, Donated Heavily To Obama

Steelers’ Head Coach Mike Tomlin held a high-end fundraiser in 2016 for then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at his home with ticket prices reportedly costing over $30,000.

Tomlin hosted the event with his wife on June 14 with supporters required to pay $33,400 to meet Clinton — those who couldn’t afford to pay that amount to meet a woman claiming to represent the middle class were given the option of simply paying $10,000 to attend.

Tomlin’s recent involvement in politics is noteworthy since he decided on Sunday to keep his team from participating in the national anthem — a move that many saw as aligning closely with the Democratic Party and leftist agenda.

“We’re not going to play politics,” Tomlin said before his team kicked off against the Chicago Bears. “We’re not participating in the anthem today. Not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from the circumstance.”

Tomlin’s decision, however, was interpreted by many as a political statement, which was amplified when former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva, the team’s left-tackle, made his way out on to the field to honor the anthem while the rest of his teammates waited in the tunnel.

The Tomlins' fundraiser for Clinton last year was far from the first time the couple has raised money for left-wing politics; the two previously donated an amount higher than the average American salary to help re-elect President Obama.

“The coupled donated a total of $70,000 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2012,” CBS Sports noted in June 2016. “That money came on top of a $25,000 donation that Kiya Tomlin made to Obama's Victory Fund in 2008. Kiya has also donated a total of $2,700 to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, which is the maximum individual donation allowed by law.”

How long will Soros write checks to keep the NFL solvent?

The Steelers in particular are in trouble. More than possibly any other team, their fan base is rabidly pro-American. I personally know several lifetime Steelers fans who refuse to ever watch another game of buy any more merchandise while Tomlin is coach.

metalman

Reaction score
QEmPpHWJ

redrumloa

Reaction score
"This has nothing to do with hating the US, hating the flag or hating cops"

Colin Kaepernick donated $25,000 to group named after convicted cop killer and former Black Liberation Army member Assata Shakur who broke out of jail and fled to Cuba

Colin Kaepernick's $25,000 donation to a charitable group honoring a convicted cop killer has been revealed.

Kaepernick's foundation made the donation to Chicago-based Assata's Daughters, named after former Black Liberation Army member Assata Shakur, in April as part of a $1million charitable pledge.

Shakur was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1973 shooting death of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster and sentenced to life in prison, but staged a daring jailbreak and now lives as a fugitive in Cuba.

Kaepernick, who is well known for his protests against police during the national anthem as a former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, made the donation as part of his pledge to donate $100,000 a month for 10 months to 'organizations working in oppressed communities'.

44DDEA7200000578-0-image-a-50_1506708716192.jpg
44DDEA5E00000578-0-image-m-49_1506708702462.jpg

Assata Shakur (left) was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1973 shooting death of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster (right). Kaepernick has donated to a charity named for her

44DE344900000578-0-Kaepernick_retweeted_this_birthday_greeting_to_Shakur_in_July_Sh-a-55_1506709033503.jpg

Kaepernick retweeted this birthday greeting to Shakur in July. She is wanted by the FBI

"peaceful protest"

redrumloa

Reaction score
Budweiser is actively seeking customer opinions on NFL sponsorship; the number to call …

But a sponsor like Budweiser ending its support of the league would be a devastating blow.

And if the company’s hotline is to be believed, the NFL has something to be concerned about.

When customers call the number, 1-800-342-5283, they are greeted by a recording which gives, as its first option, a chance for anyone for or against the player protests to voice their opinions.

“If you are calling with questions or comments about Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL, press one,” the recorded voice says.

“At Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the nation’s armed forces, veterans and military dependants,” the voice says. “The National Anthem is a point of pride for our company and for the 1,100 veterans that we employ. Please feel free to share your feedback after the tone.”

Press '1'? Buwahahaha!

The company was inundated with so many calls that the helpline went offline on Friday, according to Fox 2 Now.

redrumloa

Reaction score
George Soros is failing miserably and taking the NFL down with him.

NFL Fan Poll: 80 Percent Say They’ll Watch Less Football, 53 Percent Support Trump More

The raw data shows that when asked, “What has changed about your relationship with the NFL?” 80 percent said they will watch less football on TV because of the controversy and more than 53 percent said they are more supportive of Trump since his remarks last month that the protests are disrespectful to the U.S., its flag and the men and women in the military and law enforcement who sacrifice to protect all Americans.

In fact, 77 percent said they believe it is wrong for players to kneel during the national anthem — a protest begun in 2016 by a former NFL player who claimed he kneeled because of social injustice in the U.S.

It’s also noteworthy that 79 percent of respondents said they are a football fan, which Yahoo Finance explained is a statistic in keeping with its decision to only survey people who “patronize the NFL.”

“Those findings all have financial implications for the NFL and its 32 team owners,” Yahoo Finance reported.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Establishment Media who bag millions off the NFL don't want Americans to see this, but citizens deserve to know the Truth.

VIDEO:

The Steelers, who elected to not come out of the tunnel for the anthem last weekend, remained standing on the sidelines.

What does all this mean? It means that anthem demonstrations, whether they happen before or during the song, have become so toxic that Ravens fans are booing the Ravens, and not the hated Steelers.

Let that sink in.

redrumloa

Reaction score
AP: Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year

NEW YORK (AP) — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.

Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.65 million this year. The Nielsen figures don’t include many of the Sunday afternoon games that are shown to a regional audience, but not a national one.

The NFL ratings are in focus because of President Donald Trump’s suggestion that viewers are turned off by a protest against police brutality that began with quarterback Colin Kaepernick refusing to stand for the national anthem. The protests spread rapidly this past weekend following the president’s criticism of people involved.

Next week’s ratings will be even more closely watched, since conservative groups and Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity have called for people angered by the protests to boycott this weekend’s games.

This cannot be underestimated. This 11% decline year over year is on top of a similar decline last year that started after Colin Kaepernick started his nonsense. IIRC the total decline over 2 years is closer to 20%. From what I've read, a 10% decline would be roughly $200M in lost ad revenue. This doesn't take into account people not buying tickets, not buying over priced concessions, not buying clothes or memorabilia etc. While stadiums in some markets are still filling up, other markets are playing to 1/2 empty stadiums or worse. Many still going have season tickets. What will happen next year? A lot of these people won't renew. The NFL is dying, but it won't happen overnight. In the league office and certain in many team offices there has to be outright panic. Any business that loses 10% in a single year, 2 years in a row, must be panicking. They might be putting on a brave face, and my conspiracy theory that Soros is writing big checks may be true, but neither of these can last for long.

At bare minimum, there will be a big adjustment period for the NFL over the next couple years. Their prime TV contracts will either have to be reworked or revoked. Instead of major networks playing the local games, it may be further down the list to old UHF channels. I can easily see some smaller market teams outright bankrupting. Will the league shrink for the first time? Will we have less than 32 teams in a few years? Will the bill get passes in Congress to deny public funds to the NFL? They really shouldn't be allowed to be non-profits either. Pull all public funds and make them pay tax, dammit!

I have a ticket to this weekend's Dolphins game a friend's wife bought as a gift a couple months back. I'm going out of respect to my friend and his wife. I may or may not boycott after that. If I don't my viewership will be way down and I certainly am not buying any more extra stuff like clothing, memorabilia etc. I may just walk away though, we'll see. Considering my Dolphins are currently one of the worst teams in the league it wouldn't be that hard...

Pretty ridiculous when you have multi-millionaire players going home to their grand mansions and crying to their butlers how racist their fans are and how oppressed they are.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Uh-oh!! Looks like the Liberal Media is about to turn on the NFL too!

Cam Newton Says It's 'Funny' Hearing Female Reporter 'Talk About Routes'

Here's a black NFL player feeling bulletproof due to SJWs. He's probably about to get harsh lesson on where he stands in the Progressive Stack. Black or not, he's a man and a man will always be below a woman on the Progressive Stack.

The NFL keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

redrumloa

Reaction score

redrumloa

Reaction score
Obviously the lost revenue has become more than the checks Soros has been writing.

NFL to discuss National Anthem controversy next week, Commissioner Roger Goodell says

The NFL will discuss in an upcoming meeting the nationwide dispute over whether players must stand during the National Anthem, Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a copy of a memo obtained by CNBC.

At this point they have painted themselves in a corner. With coddling the players and encouraging them to promote a false narrative while clearly doing everything in their power to project the image of hating the USA, there is no way for them to win on this one. There only option now is to enforce the rules or expand the rules to force players to stand. When they do that, the very same coddled players and their igorant-ass supporters will go into full meltdown. It will be ugly, but not as ugly as if then continue down this America hating path of Soros propaganda. Either way, it will take many years to recover from this IF they ever do.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Obviously the lost revenue has become more than the checks Soros has been writing.

NFL to discuss National Anthem controversy next week, Commissioner Roger Goodell says

The NFL will discuss in an upcoming meeting the nationwide dispute over whether players must stand during the National Anthem, Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a copy of a memo obtained by CNBC.

At this point they have painted themselves in a corner. With coddling the players and encouraging them to promote a false narrative while clearly doing everything in their power to project the image of hating the USA, there is no way for them to win on this one. There only option now is to enforce the rules or expand the rules to force players to stand. When they do that, the very same coddled players and their igorant-ass supporters will go into full meltdown. It will be ugly, but not as ugly as if then continue down this America hating path of Soros propaganda. Either way, it will take many years to recover from this IF they ever do.

No coincidences in life.

Monday Night Football Ratings Take a Double-Digit Nosedive, Hit Season Low

The NFL had a night with no major political developments, no disasters of a natural or unnatural nature, and the halftime playing of a trailer for the next Star Wars movie, and yet, their ratings tanked again.

The Vikings and Bears clashed on Monday Night Football, a game the Vikings won, but the league lost. According to Deadline, “Snaring a 7.0 in metered market results, last night’s MNF was down double digits from last week’s Kansas Chiefs’ 29-20 victory over the Washington Redskins. Down 17% in the ratings, that’s actually a regular game season low for the ESPN broadcast game and matches the MM result of the second game of the doubleheader MNF opener on September 11.

“That comes a day after Sunday Night Football also hit a season low with its ratings down too.”

The NFL has had an incredibly contentious year, much of it its own fault, as they deal with anthem protests, a watered-down product, and games that last too long. However, the anthem protests are the primary reason given for why fans have turned away from the league.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent out a memo to league executives on Tuesday, saying that it was time to move “past the anthem controversy.”

redrumloa

Reaction score
It seems I can predict the future well in advance. Shame I can't use this to predict lottery numbers.

Papa John's Pulls NFL-Associated Ads Citing 'Negative Consumer Sentiment'

Pizza chain Papa John's announced Wednesday that it is pulling its advertising associated with the NFL, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.

Per Jonathan Maze of Nation's Restaurant News, Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL.

Schnatter also called the NFL "an example of poor leadership," according to Maze.

Papa Johns is the #1 NFL sponsor.

metalman

Reaction score
ESPN's Scott Van Pelt Has Had It With People Claiming Network Is Dying

If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, 'you know what, I'm gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there's no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I'm now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I'm gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,' that's not happening. And if you did that, then you're so dumb that I can't even pray for you because you're beyond hope. If that was your reaction to this, was to deny yourself the ability to watch television, I mean that just hasn't happened and didn't happen, so I boycott them.

redrumloa

Reaction score
I am not as personally enraged as maybe I should be about this, but am pointing it out due to the hyper-sensitive climate of sexual assault allegations right now. Not content to just piss off conservatives (most of their customer base), now they want to piss off EVERYONE who is not a sexual predator? Did they simply not do their homework?

NBC Runs Heartwarming NFL Thanksgiving Commercial Featuring… a Registered Sex Offender

For those of you not huge American Football fans from the old days, the joke they are making light of here is a brutal hit Taylor put on Theismann, that broke his leg so bad the bone was clearly protruding out badly. It ended Theismann's career and is possible the most visually disturbing thing to ever have watched in a football game. Immediately after the hit Theismanm was writhing in pain and Taylor was inconsolable. The rest of the players were in a panic too. Ugly, but thank god Theismann survived. I could kind of understand this sort of commercial, even given Taylor's sordid past. But in 2017 during the biggest sex scandal in history?

But, one thing NBC does not mention is that Lawrence Taylor has a record as a sexual offender. And in this day of heightened awareness of sex offenders, it is odd that NBC chose to go with this campaign.

In 2011 Taylor was sentenced to six years of probation over accusations that he raped an underage prostitute in New York back in 2010. He was also designated as a sex offender for the assault, but got no jail time, according to The New York Daily News.

During the trial, the victim said that he held her against her will in a Holiday Inn hotel room and even beat her to stop her from leaving, including kicking and punching her.

That may be one of his worst offenses, but Taylor has a long list of other legal troubles, too. The Hall of Famer has convictions for drunk driving, has several drug offenses on his record, an arrest for failing to pay child support, a charge of leaving the scene of a traffic accident, and even a conviction on tax fraud.

Wow. The NFL cannot get out of their own way. The small percentage of fans who agree with the player "protests" are the very ones who will likely take notice of them putting a player who raped an underage hooker on their Thanksgiving Day commercial...

ilwrath

Reaction score
ESPN's Scott Van Pelt Has Had It With People Claiming Network Is Dying

If you truly wanna boycott the NFL and you wanna boycott ESPN, the notion that some guy sitting out there, or gal, and they decide, 'you know what, I'm gonna cut my entire cable package because ESPN gave an award on a made-up show in July because there's no sports, to a woman who used to be a man, so I'm now not gonna have any cable TV at all and I'm gonna sit around at night and read books by candlelight like olden times because of that,' that's not happening. And if you did that, then you're so dumb that I can't even pray for you because you're beyond hope. If that was your reaction to this, was to deny yourself the ability to watch television, I mean that just hasn't happened and didn't happen, so I boycott them.

Well, here's the part that ESPN and major cable companies just haven't grasped. They grew and priced themselves right out of their market. Back when ESPN was thriving there was one channel of ESPN. And it had pretty solid programming 24 hours a day. Then there was "the deuce" and ESPN had 2 channels and still pretty solid programming. More profits! So keep growing the number of stations! Now, there's what, 15 ESPNs? Plus another 10 Fox Sports. Plus extended CBS/NBC sports.

Well, big surprise, there just isn't enough sports to fill that many stations. So you start making your fake shows with fake awards to fake "women" who were born with penises. And in another big surprise, no one cares. But ESPN and FSN and all the rest of them have to spend money to make this programming. And have to buy more equipment to run that many channels, and the managers all need big bonuses. So now cable prices have gone up 500% to support all of this. And yet, people watch less than ever because all of it is pure crap. So, finally, some event, one of the fake protests, fake awards, fake people, or fake fees that raises their rate for the 18th time in the past 24 months, finally just pushes them over the edge. They cancel the whole thing and pocket the extra $150-200 a month. At the time they plan that in a month or two they'll get a huge discount from Comcast or DirecTV or whoever to "come back." But, in the meantime, maybe they buy a decent digital antenna and a Netflix and Hulu subscription. So from $150 a month back down to around $25 a month. And realize they just ended up with a better programming mix. Who really needs cable TV, even at the huge discount? With the money saved, they can still catch an important game at the local pub, go back to listening to the average games on the radio while doing other things, instead of having the TV playing loud enough to be heard but no one in the room, and still be $75-100 richer at the end of each month.

So, to ESPN, I think your problems are deeper than a boycott. A boycott indicates that people care enough to protest. I think people have just stopped caring about having ESPN.