75% of Obamacare Cost To Fall On $125K or less

Dammy

Reaction score
Don't 97% of people make less than 120k a year? So, 07% of people will pay for 75% of Obamacare? I can see why the top 3% are complaining about paying for 25%. Mind you, those top 3% can afford it.

It's about 10% that make over $112K. Of course this doesn't take into account those who can't get insurance and won't have the option for Medicaid, we just get to pay more for nothing. Nor does this count in the new hiring practices of only hiring sub 30 hour workers since those jobs are excluded from the $2K tax nor does that count in those who (over 40% according to the last polls I saw) are losing their employee health care since it's cheaper to pay the $2K tax then it is to pay for their current health care policies. Nor does that count in the premiums that have risen 15% since 2010 for those who still have health insurance.

So what are people going to do Fluffy? Do without because they can't afford it, they are being taxed for not having it, and the company doesn't care if they quit because the person they hire will have less then 30 hours @ week and it's likely the new job, if they can find one, will also be for less then 30 hours a week and the state can't afford to expand their medicaid roles because of the massive long term costs. Then the Dr.s are retiring because they won't work for so little money. What a disaster and Medicare is going to be broke in less then 10 years, sooner if the economy gets worse.

Oh I forgot, this isn't about health care, this is about control. Name of the game is, "Control."

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
It's about 10% that make over $112K. Of course this doesn't take into account those who can't get insurance and won't have the option for Medicaid, we just get to pay more for nothing. Nor does this count in the new hiring practices of only hiring sub 30 hour workers since those jobs are excluded from the $2K tax nor does that count in those who (over 40% according to the last polls I saw) are losing their employee health care since it's cheaper to pay the $2K tax then it is to pay for their current health care policies. Nor does that count in the premiums that have risen 15% since 2010 for those who still have health insurance.

So what are people going to do Fluffy? Do without because they can't afford it, they are being taxed for not having it, and the company doesn't care if they quit because the person they hire will have less then 30 hours @ week and it's likely the new job, if they can find one, will also be for less then 30 hours a week and the state can't afford to expand their medicaid roles because of the massive long term costs. Then the Dr.s are retiring because they won't work for so little money. What a disaster and Medicare is going to be broke in less then 10 years, sooner if the economy gets worse.

Oh I forgot, this isn't about health care, this is about control. Name of the game is, "Control."

wow!! that seems pretty alarming!! except that its not an accurate portrayal....

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
It's about 10% that make over $112K.

Of the individuals with income in 2010 only 6.24% or so had income over $100K according to wikipedia and but they only calculated the percentages from the raw numbers from the census bureau. From that and the shape of the curve I guestimated that about half of those over $100k are under $150k.
Perhaps it is possible that things have improved so much under Obama in the last 2 years that now more people are making more money. Where did you get your number?