30 years late, but welcome to the Police State...

Glaucus

Reaction score
The US is a giant insane asylum obsessed with fire power. This is what you deserve.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Still want to debate whether or not America has become a Police State?

Geeze, I haven't felt the need to debate that for a couple of decades. Always creeps me out a bit crossing the border. Military planes buzzing the airports, big green helicopters overhead, getting hard to tell the cops from the soldiers. That'll make it easier, I suppose, when they bring in the soldiers to do the policing. People will be used to it.

The crazy bubblegum mind wash that passes for news and/or entertainment from the TV in the hotel room. Ugh. I turn it off, go out and find some real life. Lots of regular normal people around doing regular normal things but scratch the surface and find how accepting they are of the crack down, how scared they are of what they've been told to fear. And yet how trusting they are of the worst parts of the controlling elite that lie to them all of the time.

And the UK too. Watching that from afar has horrified me, but getting back into it feels ever the same as it was and then I'm reminded of the things I believed about Britain and being British when I lived there and then I remember that Orwell was just writing about what he already saw and that was decades ago. I'm coming up on fifty and I realize I've seen a lot of changes but things were already bad before I got here. Look back at the last century and you realize that the people of Britain lost both World Wars. The people always lose the wars.

Canada isn't faring much better I fear.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
By the way, when I first tried to reply to this thread there was an unknown database error. Coincidence? Yes, probably, but a funny one.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Deep and pervasive surveillance gives plenty of information to control politicians by blackmail. This is nothing new, of course. There have always been plenty of compromised people in politics. It's considered an asset by those who pick people to front for them by being in government. It's just now so much easier, at least for those who have total surveillance power.